Ms Outlook is the most wonderful application introduced by most famous and largest multinational software company, Microsoft Corporation. This application of Microsoft has many beneficial features that increased the use of Outlook on most of the system users. Outlook provides the users to manage all the personal information of mail accounts without any difficulty. Most often this Microsoft tool is referred as email application but you can also manage contacts, calendar events, tasks, etc with the help of its significant features.
The data on an Outlook is stored in PST file that means Personal Storage Table, with .pst as the file extension. PST file will be stored on the system drive just like a normal file but the data will be isolated from all other files and folders. Similar to the other data files the data can be lost from Outlook PST file due to file corruption or accidental deletion. Assume that you used Microsoft Outlook on your Windows system to manage your multiple mail accounts in a single profile on Outlook. But the Outlook PST file got corrupt as the system drive was exposed to bad sectors on it. Bad sectors are the physical damages on the hard drive memory space that corrupts the data files that are stored under that bad sector. So the PST file is corrupt and thus you are not able to access any of the mails on Outlook. This will lead to data loss from Outlook i.e. loss of important mails and other data. In this case, you can make use of inbox repair tool that is built in utility to repair corrupt PST file on all the Outlook applications. The repair tool scans the PST file and restores all the data that was lost due to file corruption. But certain times, when PST file is severely corrupted or if there are any irregularities in the repair tool, it errors out and stops to scan for lost data. When the inbox repair tool error out and fail to fix the corrupt PST file then go for third party repair tool. You may come across many scenarios that will cause data loss from Outlook:
- Incorrect way of Outlook termination – If the system suddenly terminates while you are still working on Outlook PST file then the PST file and its data may get corrupt and errors out when tried to open
- Migration of Outlook – Suppose you are using Outlook 2010 and then upgraded the version to Outlook 2013. In the process, if any errors come across then there are more chances of PST file corruption.
- Malware/ virus – When the system hard drive gets corrupt due to any malware or virus attack, the data on the hard drive will become corrupt and inaccessible. So even the PST file gets corrupt and errors out when you try to open, thus causing to data loss.
- Re-installation of OS – While reinstalling the operating system on the system you may encounter many errors like an error message asking you to reformat system drive in which Outlook PST file is stored. When you performed re-format you lost complete data of Outlook, thus leading to severe data loss.
- Header file corruption – PST file header is one that holds the entire important and crucial information about all the data in the PST file. If this header file gets corrupt as a result of any errors or malware then the PST file becomes inaccessible and thus you will lose valuable data.
In all the above mentioned scenarios when inbox repair tool errors out and fail to restore back the PST data make use of this repair utility, http://www.inbox-repair-tool.org/error.html. You effectively use this tool for complete restoration of data from Outlook PST file. The other features of this utility go like this:
- Recovers data like emails, contacts, calendar events, folders, etc that are lost from Outlook PST file
- Easily restores data from corrupted, encrypted, password protected and compressed PST files
- Can recover PST data from various Outlook versions such as Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013
- You can also extract deleted PST data easily on any Windows system
You can go through the link specified here for further more details and download the utility if required from the same link.